– Kentucky plays the Cleveland State Vikings today at 4:30 on CBS College Sports (weird time, weird channel, I know). I guess if you can’t play in Maui, Cancun ain’t too shabby. Tim Russert is probably Cleveland States’s most famous alum, but Manute Bol is infinitely cooler and more interesting
– They are 3-1, beating Sam Houston State 80-65 in their last game while holding Corey Allmond to just 2 for 8 from three point range. Their other wins come over powerhouses Florida A & M and Wilmington, Ohio. St. Bonaventure beat them 72-62.
– Guard Norris Cole averages 21 points a game. They have two other players averaging double figures.
– Kentucky’s 3-point defense was much improved against Rider, though the Broncs did miss many of the wide open threes that Miami and Sam Houston were hitting. Look for continued improvement on 3-point D.
– It was really nice to see Daniel Orton seize his opportunity and play well against Rider. He flies under the radar because of Cousins and Patterson, but if he keeps having performances like that he’ll earn his PT regardless of Cousins being in foul trouble. He’s probably not 100% yet either. I like this guy.
– Wall and Patterson both had double-doubles last game. Who will it be today?
– Perry Stevenson only got one minute against Rider. It’ll be interesting to see if he ever finds a role on this offense (or defense). He’s shown flashes (albeit very brief) of brilliance the last couple seasons, so here’s hoping he can make his senior one memorable.
Enjoy the game. Go Cats!