– This might be the ugliest half of basketball I’ve ever seen. Kentucky should be up by 30 but instead leads by 8.
– Wall’s had a pretty quiet first half. His fast break outlet to Patterson and the spin-move he had on Sosa are his only two highlights, and he’s taken a few bad perimeter shots. He’s got 3 points, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers.
– Cousins and Patterson are carrying Kentucky right now. They’ve combined for 20 points and 13 rebounds (12 by Cousins alone).
– Louisville’s half-court offense is non-existent. They started the game 0-14 from the field and are currently shooting 5-29 (17%).
– Dodson is the only bench player or UK that’s scored (2 points) and has yet to hit a 3-pointer (0-3).
Despite the lead, this has been a pretty disappointing first half for Kentucky. At no point have they looked like the #3 team in the country and should be absolutely blowing Louisville out of the gym. Look for Calipari to try find a way to get Wall going and get the ball inside to Cousins and Patterson more in the second half—Louisville doesn’t have a guy that can stop either of them.