-Kentucky got off to a shaky start, going 0 for 6 from the field as Florida got off to an early 7-0 lead. Bledsoe got the Cats’ first bucket, driving the length of the floor to convert an easy left-handed finger roll. UK also had 3 turnovers in the first 5 1/2 minutes of the game.
– Eric Bledsoe came ready to play and is having a helluva first half. He’s 6-7 from the floor with 15 points. He also has 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, only 1 turnover, and is displaying some great quickness of his own. (John who? Just kidding.)
– Cousins is 1-6, missing some early shots before giving KY the lead 15-13 with an and-1 at the midway point of the half. Brad Nessler said he’s playing “as if there is a lid on the basket.”
– Dodson hit a big 3 about midway through the first half that broke some of Florida’s momentum. He’s hit a few big 3s this season.
– Erin Andrews.
– Florida got a few too many fast break points.
– Wall had a nice pull-up jumper that tied the game at 19; the next time down the floor UK took the 21-19 lead off of another Wall jumper. He’s 4-9 with 8 points.
– Darius Miller had one of the more aggressive moves I’ve seen from him all season, taking hard it to the rim, then pulling up for a short turnaround jumper. Loved seeing that. So far that’s his only bucket.
– Orton played stellar defense toward the end of the half, with an amazing display of back to back to back blocks on the same possession (only to have a Florida player hit a lucky 3-pointer with Orton’s hand in his face). He’s also been a beast with 7 rebounds.
– Does Florida have a player going bald and trying to hide the fact with dreadlocks and a headband?
– Patterson has been fairly quiet with a couple of nice dunks. He’s only got 2 boards.