LeBron James picked a good game to make his Rupp Arena debut, as the Cats have played one of their strongest first halves of the season. DeMarcus Cousins leads a well-rounded offensive attack that’s given Kentucky a 15-point lead at the intermission.
– Cousins has dominated his matchup with Vandy center A.J. Ogilvy thus far. He has 13 points and 3 rebounds (all offensive), while Ogilvy has four points to go along with two fouls.
– Darnell Dodson started the game in place of Eric Bledsoe and has six points on 2-of-3 shooting from behind the arc. Bledsoe’s scored nine points off the bench, despite going just 4-for-9 from the foul line.
– Darius Miller continues to drive certain Lexpatriate bloggers crazy. He’s only shot the ball once and has zero points.
– As a team, Kentucky is shooting 60 percent from the field, and has already knocked down 7-of-12 3-pointers. They’re out-rebounding Vandy 19-12, and have moved the ball well on offense, assisting on 8 of their 15 field goals.
– John Wall has eight points and five assists.
– Liggins and Patterson each have six. All of Patterson’s points have come on 3-pointers. I’m glad to see him score some points, but I really wish he’d have more involvement in the offense than just floating around the perimeter.
– Something to watch: Wall, Bledsoe, Miller, Patterson, and Cousins all have two fouls for Kentucky.